Our Reddest Brick is
Introducing teamGREEN El Paso!
by Jon Forrest Little
ecoBRICK = economical
Many consider Brick to be the most affordable siding option both in the short term and this is especially TRUE in the long term.
Brick does not warp, rot, peel, fade nor does it require chemical seals or paints. Furthermore Brick will not get destroyed by termites. Brick is maintenance FREE.
Brick buildings last a lifetime. We back our brick products with a 100 year warranty.
ecoBRICK = ecological
American Eagle Brick takes our high Eco-rating seriously. Our strong environmental record pre-dates other industries faddish
GREEN marketing ploys. We have the data to substantiate that we
are GREENER than any other El Paso building material. This is why:
1. The Total energy that goes into our brick products is extremely low. A pound of clay from the earth converts into a pound of building material into the wall...hardly any WASTE CREATED e.g. Producing a Pound of Brick may use 90 times less energy than producing that same pound of Aluminum. [source http://www.rmmi.org/InformationCenter/WhatIsMasonry.asp ]
2. We use all local ingredients. The shale is on site. We use the Most Natural Process. Shale + Fire + Water. Furthermore the minimal waste created while manufacturing is recycled into future production.
3. Local production = No need to import materials from far away plants. Costly Diesel + Unnecessary Pollution = STRESS on Environment and Economy
4. Bricks rank the highest in Sustainability. Properly installed Brick buildings will last for centuries. Our brick carries an unrivaled 100 year Warranty.
5. Bricks adds R value to wall. Because of its' thermal mass, BRICK buildings stay warmer in winter and cooler in summer and keeping noise outside adds an unmeasurable calm to one's quality of Life [an environmental issue from a holistic perspective. ]
We are pleased that the BIA [ Brick Industry Association] has worked over the last 10 + years with AIA & LEEDS certification
in driving home our GREEN position. It is wonderful to see that this effort is gaining momentum with architects, builders, and consumers and also that the Green Movement is taking off here
in El Paso.
teamGREEN El Paso is an educational campaign that informs the public about eco-Friendly consumer choices, analyzes GREEN
architectural materials & conveys our meaningful agenda:
Building with BRICK and the 3 E's
so now you know the meaning behind this clever phrase...
Our Reddest Brick is also...
click below for your sneak screening of...
Please see Supportive Article titled"Sustainability and Green Building Design."
Discussion behind the Math Formula
A Special BrickNews Alert
ECONOMY - Save Money with Brick
Building with brick saves money. Brick requires no maintenance once installed. Other materials such as concrete block require expensive and time consuming sealers because concrete block is
highly absorptive and the concrete shrinks and expands. Concerete consists of glued together aggregates whereas brick is clay that binds through fusion during
Furthermore, Brick buildings last a lifetime. American Eagle Brick Company products carry a 100 year warranty.
Masonry materials have always been recognized as sturdy and attractive, but few realize that they are energy-efficient and earth-friendly, too. In today's environmentally conscious world,
masonry materials are
American Eagle Brick originates from El Paso's own clay, which is a nearly inexhaustible natural resource. During the clay mining process, virtually no harm is done to the environment. In fact, a single mining site may be used for more than a century.
There is no waste when brick is manufactured. For every pound of clay, nearly one pound of brick is produced with only slight moisture and mineral loss. In contrast, the mining of ore for
steel production is
Most of the energy costs associated with producing brick – drying and firing – are lower than with most other building materials. It can take 90 times more energy to produce one
pound of aluminum than to
Because brick is locally produced, very little energy is used to transport it to the building site. In contrast, most of the lumber used in El Paso home
As a building material, brick saves energy. Brick's mass prevents extreme outside temperatures from affecting temperatures on the inside. This process is sometimes referred to as "thermal
lag." Compared to
Also, because it is a natural material, brick does not expel any toxic substances or volatile organic compounds into the air. Nor does it ever require the application of any potentially toxic paints or coatings during its lifetime.
Perhaps brick's greatest contribution to the environment, however, is its durability. To reiterate, the life span of a brick structure can be over a thousand years if designed and constructed
properly. Even the most
In comparison, newer building materials like synthetic stucco, also known as EIFS, have a poor durability record. These can encounter problems like moisture intrusion, which rots the wood
sheathing, and frequent damage from golf balls, woodpeckers, and even fists.
BrickNews Contact data :
©2006 American Eagle Brick company